PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- To ensure a smooth process before tattooing, it is important to nourish your body, get plenty of sleep and avoid direct sunlight.
- Before and after tattooing, take precautions to avoid taking blood thinning medications or substances such as alcohol and drugs, limit caffeine intake, and prepare your skin by showering without moisturizing.
- Wear clothes that allow easy access to the area being tattooed and opt for a strapless bra if necessary.
- We prioritize your privacy and provide the necessary resources to ensure your comfort while in our studio.
- Maintain energy and hydration levels by bringing snacks and non-caffeinated drinks.
- Avoid getting tattoos before and after taking antibiotics or cortisone, while pregnant or breastfeeding, after receiving a vaccination (depending on the vaccine), over sunburned areas, and if you have dermatological issues.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to avoid forfeiture of the deposit.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Following the proper guidelines is essential for optimal tattoo healing:
- Post-tattoo, physical activity should be kept to a minimum.
- Remove the foil from a tattoo after three hours. If you have second skin (self sticky) on your fresh tattoo you can leave it on your skin for 24 to 72 hours (or if you feel discomfort on your skin such as strong itching)
- I will decide the best form of protection for your tattoo based on its placement and any allergies.
- Proper healing requires removing the foil and second skin and following the given steps:
- To take care of a fresh tattoo, use pH neutral soap, apply ointment, keep showers short, moisturize regularly, and avoid exercise for at least two weeks.
- Avoid excessive stretching, dirt and oil, scratching, swimming, tanning beds, sauna, and direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks, and be aware of swelling and bruising during the healing process.
Contact me if you have any questions about the healing process.